Vicky Stonebridge ( T/A as Balnacra Arts ) has been published and exhibited internationally. Her BA hons degree in Art & Design was from Edinburgh college of art where she specialised in Ceramics. Vicky Ran Balnacra Pottery from 1996 to 2005 and is now involved with many art and community projects.
She regularly illustrates and digitally colours in graphic novel books, was the founder of Hi-Ex, the Highlands International Comic Expo and is on the selection committee of the British Comic awards. Her work is in international collections as well as that of Scotland’s First minister Alex Salmond. She has also been involved with trans-media collaborative projects, created art installations, sculptural works and site specific pieces. Vicky is also a Watch manager with the Scottish Fire and Rescue service, an art teacher, trade union activist, community and Youth worker.
Vicky’s own art work has been representational, figurative, illustrative and sculptural. Between her various jobs and roles, in facilitating others and setting up art projects, her own art practice is snatched moments inbetween. Repressed creativity seeking to bond with timeless symbols, ancient primal elements and archetypal ideas. Life , ritual, creativity and play being anti-dotes to modern pressures. To use art to communicate with others and also with the elements and natural world, a dialogue between self, other and external. Vicky works intuitively, allowing previously acquired technical skills and whatever medium or stimulus is available, trusting in process to reveal its own story and creations.
- Image Duplicator. Orbital Gallery London. Group show. spring 2013
- Group Christmas shows 2012, Inchmore Gallery, The schoolhouse Dornie, Beauly Gallery.
- Comic concept work currently exhibiting in Scotland House, Brussels.
- exhibited in Edinburgh and Inverness with ‘Reactions to Vysotsky’ August 2011
- Contributed to Trees for Life charity Exhibition 2012
- Joint exhibition in Weatherford Offices, Aberdeen spring 2011.
- Participated in Rock Trust charity postcard art exhibition 2011
- Participation in Highland Russian connections charity exhibition in the City of Novokuznetsk and Mariinsk, Siberia
- Art Exhibition & Christmas Fair, New Lodge, strathcarron 20th November to 5th December
- Winter 2010- Inverness airport, Figurative paintings.
- Winter 2010-2011 Inchmore Gallery
- Exhibition in the Shishkin Gallery, Yelabuga Tatarstan, Russian 2010, of works produced during by the 5th International Arts symposium of Yelabuga, theme of ’Breath of the Epos’.
- May 2010 Highland open studios event.
- July 2009 Inchmore gallery-Firefighter art.
- June 2009. Highland Open studios event at the Lochcarron Fire station
- Participated in Panel discussion at Bristol Comics Exp 2012 with launch of Book Bayou Arcana.
- Involved with Ceangal 2012. International Artists residencies project.
- ran ‘how to draw comics’ workshops at Belladrum music festival 2011
- did building concept design work and involved with SKY1 programme currently under production ” the great Treehouse Challenge”
- contributed to ‘The Spirit of Hope’ Japan relief fundraising Comic book put together by the Comic Book Alliance. BBC report
- Appearing as a Guest at The National Irish Sci-Fi Convention- Octocon 2011
- was a guest at 2D the Northern Ireland Comics Festival 2nd -4th June 2011
- Exhibitor & Panelist at Bristol Comic Expo 2011 ‘Slaughterman’s Creed’ and ‘Women, Politics and Cartoons’
- Appeared as a Guest at The National Irish Sci-Fi Convention- Octocon 2010
- Participation In the 5th International Arts symposium of Yelabuga, Tatarstan, Russian 2010, theme of ’Breath of the Epos’
- mosaic interpretive panels on bio-diversity & heritage for the Smithy Heritage Centre 2010
- March-April 2008, Recycled Art installation/seating area at Alness Academy,
- Participated in the Highland Printmakers ‘Lochcarron Animation project’ 2007, produced “The Giant of Lochcarron” short film.
- August 2007, worked in 4 west coast primary schools to produce banners and murals for the Blas Festival. Textiles and mosaics.
- 20th July 2008. ‘How to draw Comics’ with the BBC ‘BLAST’ Tour. Inverness
- Arts play Highland
- The Highland-Russia Connection Charity
- The Scottish Artists Union
- The Fire Brigades Union ( branch & brigade RDS & Womens Rep)
- Lochcarron Business Association
- Director of Kirkton Woodland and Heritage Group
- The Historical state preservation area of Yelabuga, Tatarstan Russia.
- The first minister of Scotland’s collection.
- Highlands and Islands Fire and Rescue service.|
- various international private collections
- Digital Eden project 2006, Bursary to create animation film for the Inverness film festival.
- shortlisted for 2010 Highlands and Islands Fire & Rescue service Commitment to Excellence awards- Community and Youth involvment.
- BA hons Art and Design (Edin). Ceramics 1983-88
- OU. Introduction to Psychology.
- Certificate in person centred counselling
- many vocational training courses & certifcates.