Megha Joshi was born in New Delhi in 1973 and studied Sculpture at the Faculty of Fine Arts, MSU, Baroda.
She spent 10 years as a Set Designer and Art Director for film and television, with over seventy projects to her credit, before returning to full time art practice.
Since her return in 2008, she has participated in numerous curated group shows and residencies, both nationally and internationally. The most recent residencies include those at Religare Arts, New Delhi and an International art residency and exhibition in Iceland, supported by the Ministry of Science and Culture of Iceland.
Megha’s practice spans Sculpture and Installation art and she works with a vast array of media.
Her work has been exhibited at the India Art Summit 2009 and 2011 and the India Art Fair 2012.
Select Recent Group Shows and Residencies:
- ‘Skin Deep’ at Religare Arts, New Delhi
- Residency + Exhibition ‘Fresh Winds’ Gardur, supported by Ministry of science and culture, Iceland
- ‘Conservation on Canvas’ – for World Wildlife Fund, new Delhi
- India Art Fair 2012 (rep by Art Konsult)
- ‘The Dramatics of Diverse interpretation’, Art Konsult Delhi
- ‘A4 arple’ curated by Johny ML, Gallery Ragini, Delhi
- ‘shifting points of view’, by art:ifact, Thameside Gallery, Essex, UK
- Artist-in-residence, march-may, Religare Arts Initiative, Delhi
- ‘Portrait of an artist’ at Dhoomimal art centre, New Delhi
- India art summit (with Art Konsult)
- ‘Drifting still’ Art Konsult, New Delhi
- “Chair” AIFACS, N.Delhi curated by Shubhika Lal, Sculptors United Forum of India,
- Workshop and show for TB awareness by Reflection Gallery and Global Health Advocates
- Group show curated by Rahul Bhattacharya, Gallery Beyond, Mumbai
- ‘Drifters’, Art Konsult, Delhi
- Workshop/residency – sculpture and site-specific workshop by Sandarbh at Baroda, Gujarat
- ‘Husain at 94’, group exhibition by SAHMAT, M F Husain Gallery, Delhi
- India Art Summit (with Religare arts.i)
- ‘The Whynot Place” Exhibition of residency works, Religare Arts.i, N.Delhi
- Artist-in-(day) residence, Summer, Religare Arts Initiative, N.Delhi
- Ferencvarosi Gallery, Budapest, international artists’ exhibition
- Residency: International Artist-in-residence, Hungarian Multicultural Centre, Budapest, Hungary
- ‘She said…’ Two-person show at the art gallery, Epicentre, Gurgaon.
- Exhibition of contemporary art, Timeless Art gallery, Gurgaon (group show)
- ‘Colours of autumn’, at the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi (group show)
1996 – 2006 – Freelance set design and construction/Art direction for television. Executed over 70 projects including set design, special prop design, location design etc. Worked with leading production houses and channels all over the country and abroad for shows on MTV, TWI, STAR, SONY, SAB, ZEE, NBC, UNICEF etc. Worked with a vast range of materials such as wood, steel, rope, coir, plaster, fabric, canvas etc.
- Visiting fellow, invited to work and interact with M.F.A students at the M.S.University, Baroda
- Exhibition: ‘Laxmi-Ganesh’ Art Today gallery, New Delhi (group show)
1995-1996 – Sculpture teacher, Vasant Valley School, New Delhi
- ‘Young Baroda’ group show of select young artists from the Baroda school of art.
- Workshop: invited to conduct summer workshops on art by the Indian Women’s Press Corp, New Delhi
1991-1995 – Studied Fine Arts at the M.S. University, Baroda.
B.F.A, Specialization in sculpture with minor emphasis on painting, ceramics, printmaking and photography.
Passed in 1st division; art history and criticism with distinction.
- Scholarship: Won the All India SPIC-MACAY Gurukul scholarship to work under leading traditional Indian artists.
1990-1991- Passed the All India SSC exam in Sculpture with distinction from Modern School, Vasant Vihar, N.Delhi.
Work in the collection of:
Art Today Gallery, Delhi
Religare Arts Initiative, Delhi
Women’s Feature Service, Delhi
Faculty of Fine Arts, Baroda
Medosz Hotel, Budapest
Hungarian Multicultural Centre, Dallas, TX
Toreador Hungary Ltd
Private collectors in India, Germany, USA and UK
The artist currently lives and works in Delhi NCR, India.